Sports editor

The men’s basketball team fell short to College of the Ozarks Bobcats tonight. The Builders traveled to Point Lookout, Mo., to end the game with a final score of 71-67.

Out of 70 field goals attempted, the Builders nailed 26. From 30 three-point shots, the Builders scored 10.

Ten minutes before the first half ended, the Bobcats were up by one point. The Builders pressured and were up 25-24 when the clock marked seven minutes left. Four minutes later, the Bobcats scored 12 points against four from the Builders. This left the scoreboard 36-29. The Builders did not get back from the 12-point streak by the Bobcats and finished the first half down 38-33.

The second half ended with 34 points scored for the Builders against 33 from Bobcats.

The men’s team ended with 12 turnovers against 16.  Twelve was the number of rebounds the offense got and 23 the defense ended with.

With this loss, the Builders stand 6-2 in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. The team will stay to face Baptist Bible College in Springfield, Mo. The Builders past the Patriots on Oct. 27, 100-75. The game is on Nov. 17 at 1 p.m. Baptist Bible College arrives with a 1-7 record in the NAIA.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.