Pictured above: Reggie Surrell, senior guard, dribbles the ball across the court in Tuesday’s 113-83 game against Barclay University. (Vanessa Parra/Staff Photographer)

By Kenyatta Sewell

The Southwestern College Men’s Basketball Team opened up home play Tuesday with a crushing victory over Barclay University, winning by a large margin of 30 points, 113-83. Barclay comeback efforts weren’t enough during either part of the game.

The game started off with both teams hot scoring back and forth until late in the first half when Troy Baker, freshman forward, had a monster dunk over a Barclay defender. Jason Allen, junior forward, was also hot hitting three of three on his first three point attempts.

Jacob Horsch, junior guard, said, “I think we did great today,” chuckling a bit, “I’ll have to call for the ball more but we started great and finished great.”

Allen said he appreciated all the fans and the cheering for the team as they rolled over their opponents. This was what Coach O’Brein hopes is the energy that the team will keep for all games to come.

They men will be playing again at 6 p.m. this Friday, November 4th, against Langston University. Tune in for another strong effort put on by the Builder men.

Kenyatta Sewell is a freshman majoring in communication. You can email him at kenyatta.sewell@sckans.edu