The men’s basketball team went up in the team rankings on Jan. 9 this week. The Builders got ranked in the 16th place. It is the first time since the 2007-08 season that Southwestern earns a rank.  The last time the Men’s basketball team was ranked on the Top 25 was on Dec. 2007, being ranked on 19th place.

Southwestern has a record of 15-2 which has helped them to get in the Top 25.  It is the second team from Kansas in the poll, McPherson is the other team which is ranked 6th. The Builders have total points of 172, while first place Northwood (Fla) has a total of 374.

The poll was voted by head coaches that represent the conferences. The fifth regular-season Division II Men’s Basketball Coaches Top 25 Poll will be announced on Jan. 16.

Not only is the men’s basketball team ranked but also the women’s basketball team. The Lady Builders got to be on the Top 25 in the 22nd place.  The Lady Builders are having a tremendous season with a record of 11-5 which has helped the team to be on the list.

The Lady Builders have a total of 106 points and there is another team from Kansas which is Friends University. The first team in the poll is Indiana Wesleyan with 374 points.

The poll was as well voted by head coaches that represent the conferences. The Top 25 Women’s Basketball Poll will be announced on Jan. 16.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.