A 15-0 second-half run gave Bethany a lead they would not relinquish as the Builders fell to the Swedes 86-63 Thursday evening. The loss eliminates Southwestern from any chance they might have had to snag a fourth -place finish in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference and a home court playoff game.

The Builders ran the game early, grabbing a 15-3 lead to open the action in Lindsborg. Bethany came back to narrow the halftime lead to one 33-32.

After 32 minutes of play, the Swedes snatched the lead for the first time and would dominate from there on out. They outscored their opposition 35-18 in the final eight minutes to send the Builders home with just their second loss in seven games.

The loss dropped the men to 8-9 in the KCAC and 16-10 overall, while the Swedes improved to 10-7 in conference play and 12-15 on the season.

The Builders struggled immensely with fouls, committing 28 to Bethany’s 14. They also hit a miserable 3-22 from beyond the arch.

The men did narrowly out-shoot the Swedes, going 38.7 percent from the field compared to 37.7 percent.

Their next game tips off at 7 p.m. Saturday against the University of Saint Mary. It will be the final regular season game for both teams and senior night for the Builders.

Clinton Dick is a sophomore majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.

Edited by Paige Carswell.