After dropping their last two games of the regular season, the men’s basketball team travels to McPherson Wednesday to take on the Bulldogs. The Builders, 16-11 overall and 8-10 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference, play McPherson in the first round of the conference tournament with a shot to move on to the semifinals round on the line.

The Bulldogs finished third in the KCAC with a 17-12 overall record and an 11-7 conference record. After dropping their first three conference games, they bounced back and won eight straight through the months of January and February.

The team boasts the second highest scoring offense in the conference, averaging 72.52 points per game. They also have the conference’s most rebounds per game, averaging 38.66.

Jordan Crawford, junior forward, is currently second in the conference in rebounds per game. He averages 7.37 rebounds per game.

Crawford is second to Chris Nelson, junior guard, of Southwestern. Nelson averages 7.96 rebounds per game and has led the KCAC in rebounds for the past two months.

The Builders have the best rebounding margin in the conference. They out-rebound their opponents on average by 6.26 rebounds per game and are one of three teams in the KCAC who have a positive rebounding margin.

They are also at the top of the standings in scoring margin, outscoring their opponents by 6.44 points per game.

Ethan Randolph, junior forward, is the catalyst for the Builder’s scoring. Randolph averages 14.21 points per game and is fifth in the KCAC in points per game.

The game tips off at 7 p.m. in McPherson.

Clinton Dick is a sophomore majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.