Ethan Randolph, senior forward, moves to get open for a pass during Saturday’s game against Bethany College. Randolph put up 14 points as the Builders locked in a win 87-73. (Erica Dunigan/ Collegian photographer)

Well prepared and motivated, the Builders hit the road to play against the Bethany Swedes. The fast paced game of the Swedes did not stop the Builders from winning. The ranked Builders (16) took down the Swedes by a scoreboard of 87-73. This victory makes the Builders’ record to be 17-2 overall and 7-1 in the KCAC conference.

The Builders are on a winning streak with seven consecutive victories on the KCAC conference.

Ethan Randolph, senior forward, said, “We watched film, learned what the players strengths are and tried to take them away.”

The Builders had 55 field goal attempts of which they made 32, a 58.2 percent. They team made four 3-points-shots out of the 10 they had and 39 rebounds. Chris Nelson, senior forward, was the top scored for the Builders 20 points and seven rebounds. James Davis, senior guard, followed with 15 points and five rebounds.

Chris Nelson, senior forward, said, “It was a good road win for our program. We played with a lot of energy.” The Builders had a 14-point lead in the first half.

“When we first got together, we knew we had a once in a lifetime chance to do something special, we have high goals to win, but our real goal is to be National Champions,” said R.J. Jarrett, senior guard. The Builders will continue their schedule against Jan.18 against Bethel College at the Stewart Field House.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.