Travis Thurau, junior forward,grabs a rebound in the midst of Ottawa defenders. The men won 85-63 against the Braves.

By Paige Carswell

Four seniors on the men’s basketball team are gearing up for the end of their seasons. Tim Miser, guard, Justin Diggles, guard, Marcus Batiste, forward, and Jason McCormack, guard, are looking for a win tomorrow to give them momentum going into the KCAC tournament and to end the home season with their heads held high.

The Builders play Bethany College at 8 p.m. tomorrow in Stewart Field House. For those seniors, it will be the last home game of their careers.

The last time they played Bethany, the Builders won 77-76. However, the men have lost the last three out of their last four games and are now ranked fourth in the conference with their 8-8 record. They are 7-4 at home for the regular season and are two games behind Bethany in the standings.

After Bethany, the men have one last shot against fifth-place Kansas Wesleyan University. The men won 69-63 when they played the Coyotes Jan. 21, but have only a 5-10 record in away games.

The Builders fell to Tabor College 80-76 Feb. 13 at Hillsboro. They dominated the Blue Jays 18-2 in offensive rebounds, but could not pull through with a win.

Justin Diggles, senior guard, lead the team with 13 points while Tim Miser, senior guard, made 12 points. But the Builders were down by 12 by the half, and couldn’t find their beat to close the gap.

The Blue Jays lead with free throw attempts 37-18. Lawson Kingsley, freshman guard, led his team with 12 points.

Any hope the Ottawa Braves had of knocking off the Builders for the second time this season faded completely midway through the second half of the game on Feb. 11.

The Braves stuck close in the first half, but Southwestern pounded in 50 points in the second to roll over Ottawa with a final score of 85-63.

The Builders never trailed the entire second half and led by as many as 24. They pulled down 41 rebounds for the game, hit a .508 field goal percentage and had four men reach double digit scoring.

The men hadn’t beaten a team by over 20 points since December, and were slammed by Ottawa 90-73 just a month ago.

They were led in scoring by Marcus Batiste, senior forward, with 21 points. Tim Miser, senior guard, finished with 15 points, Jason McCormack, senior guard, had 13 points, and Justin Diggles, senior guard, had 11 points. Travis Thurau, junior forward, finished with eight points and seven rebounds.

Paige Carswell is a junior majoring in journalism. You may e-mail her at paige.carswell@sckans.edu. Samantha Gillis is a junior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at samantha.gillis@sckans.edu.