By Nick Hofmeister

This week the Leadership team is hosting a series of lunches with various speakers. “Lunches with Leaders is a week-long series of speakers brought in from each respective academic field to lecture on their development as a leader,” said Denae Weber, liberal arts and sciences senior. “Please join us for free lunch and good discussion as we look to the future of leadership in these studies.”

On Monday September 20, the speaker was Lindsay Wilke, representing the Leadership team. On Tuesday, several different people from the nursing association spoke. On Wednesday, the speaker will be Rev. Adam Barlow-Thompson, representing Discipleship. The Green Team will speak on Thursday, represented by Clint Fiechtl and E. Blaine Kohpay. Chris Smith, a Cowley county attorney will speak Friday for the Student Law Association.

These informal lunches will be from 12:00pm to 1:00pm in Pound’s Lounge every day except for the lunch on Tuesday, which was held in Wroten Hall. Food and drinks will be provided. “Every day I’m trying to have different food so that people who want to come to all the sessions won’t have to eat pizza all week,” said Weber.

The sign-up sheets are in Linda Schultz’s office, which is located in Mossman 134. People wanting to attend can also e-mail Lunches@sckans.edu to reserve a spot. All faculty, staff and students are welcome to attend. Questions should be directed to Denae Weber. You may reach her at Denae.Weber@sckans.edu.

Nick Hofmeister is a junior majoring in new media. You may e-mail him at nick.hofmeister@sckans.edu.