One of the side storage areas floods, causing water damage. The water pooled in lower areas of the theatre, including a room with various audio equipment. (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)A fan helps with the water removal process. The floor was installed around five to six years ago according to Jacob Reynolds, technical theatre junior, and will most likely need to be replaced in the coming months for fear of mold. (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)The backstage of Little Theatre floods down to the lower rooms. The pipe had burst around 6 p.m. and was leaking through a trapdoor in the RPAC stage. (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)Sudexo staff and others sweep water that escapes the various receptacles across the floor in an attempt to help it evaporate. A pipe in the upstairs loading dock had burst, causing the flooding and the fire alarms to go off. (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)The water begins to spread through carpet up into the hallway of the Christy Administration building. To prevent further spread, sandbags were placed in the hall. (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)The trashcans and other receptacles in Little Theatre were filling up quick. Sudexo staff worked to prevent as much water as they could from reaching the floor. (Taylor Rodriguez/Staff photographer)

By Daegiona Wilson

At approximately 6:05 p.m. Wednesday evening a pipe burst on the lower level of Christy Hall.

Theatre students were rehearsing in RPAC on the second floor of Christy when they heard a noise, started smelling a weird odor and then heard the fire alarm go off.

Kenny Allman, performance facilities and technical director, told students present the entire of the little theatre was covered in nearly 6 inches of water, said Emily Robinson, music theatre and philosophy and religion senior.

The fire department then arrived. It is expected that at least 50,000 gallons of water went through the theatre.

Students were allowed to gather their personal belongings, but had to immediately leave the building.

Robinson, said “We didn’t know what it was. We just know that something was leaking and we were like ‘that’s weird’ then the alarm when off and we were like ‘that’s a little more than weird’.”

Equipment in the little theatre is damaged. There isn’t any word on how much is expected in damaged cost.

“We are talking about finding new locations for the productions,” said Robinson.

Robinson also mention that she and a colleague had a recital in RPAC scheduled for Saturday. There is a chance that this might have to be postponed said Robinson.

This story is still developing.