Music is something we all like. Most of us use music as a sort of distraction, relaxation, or even as a career. There are many different types of music groups, bands, and artists. The different styles of music vary from people to people, culture to culture, and place to place. Each person has a different taste in music. Some of these move all the way from the legendary band The Beatles to Lil Wayne.

Aerosmith is an American rock band most people know of. They are well recognized worldwide and they have a good reputation. This band is made up of five men: Steven Tyler, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer, Joe Perry and Brad Whitford. This great band is releasing a remastered CD called “Toys in the Attic” Sept. 6. This CD was originally released as an LP in April 1975 with nine songs. “Toys in the Attic” was distributed by Columbia and this new mastered CD is being distributed by Sony BMG music. This CD is of a rock genre.

The nine songs this CD is going to bring are “Toys in the Attic,” “Uncle Salty,” “Adam’s Apple,” “Walk This Way,” “Big Ten Inch Record,” “Sweet Emotion,” “No More No More,” “Round and Round,” and “You See Me Crying.” From all of these great songs, the most well known is “Walk This Way.” It is a worldwide hit and a favorite of many. In fact, it is the same CD they released 36 years ago, but they want to continue their legacy as “America’s Greatest Rock and Roll Band.”

An Aerosmith fan may know most of their discography. Others just know Aerosmith for their songs. Among them are well known tunes as “Dream On,” “Same Old Song and Dance,” and “Remember.” These are just a few of the many great songs this band has composed.

This new CD from the legendary band is very good. It has the same songs the 1975 release had, except these are on a CD and they have been remastered for better audio quality. It is a good choice for those Aerosmith lovers. The album can be purchased digitally at iTunes, Amazon, or at Cduniverse for the price of $8.99. You can now pre-order it before it goes out of stock. This is one of the many CDs they have made, and I think it sounds better than some of the other ones like “Nine Lives” or “Get Your Wings.”

If you are an Aerosmith lover you may also like similar bands that sound like them like Metallica, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Van Halen, AC/DC, and many other old-school rock bands. This is probably a must hear CD for rock lovers. I am not too much of a rock lover, but I surely liked this album because of the different factors, the melodies, rhythms, and vocals. Aerosmith is a very good, old school rock band, and they made a good choice in remastering this CD. This CD definitely deserves the two thumbs up!

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.