By Erik Johnson

The Lady Builders resumed tournament play Saturday against Mid-American Nazarene University, a top-ranked National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics school. The Lady Builders, coming off a loss from Fridays night’s game versus Avila College, looked to bounce back from the minor losing streak.

The Lady Pioneers denied the Lady Builders that win, coming out victorious 79-49. The Lady Builders had a tough night shooting from the field, only hitting five of 29 shots in the first half and eight of 22 in the second half.

When Brett Bates, senior guard, was asked how she felt about the team’s performance she said, “The game didn’t turn out like we wanted it to. There were some bright spots and some positive points. We are working every day to improve and get better on the little things, so we can get where we want to be for future games.”

Sarah Maxwell, assistant women’s basketball coach, added, “We played hard as a team and did well defensively. We have to find that confidence on offense to defeat the successful teams.”

Montana Rickey, freshman guard, had her first collegiate start against the Pioneers. After the game Rickey said, “We had a lot of hustle defensively, but we struggled to convert that to offense. We have to find that drive that allows us to score the points we need to get the win.”

The Lady Pioneers shot well from the floor, especially in the second half, hitting 20 of 29 shots from the two point range. They also had 23 assists on the night. The Lady Builders will take on the York College Lady Panthers at 7:00 p.m. tonight in Stewart Field House.

Erik Johnson is a freshman that majors in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at erik.johnson@sckans.edu.