Sports editor

Nationally ranked twenty-fourth, the Lady Builders maintain a straight path as they beat Sterling Lady Warriors 75-40 on Thursday evening. This win adds up to make four consecutive victories for the basketball team.

The first half ended with a 20 point difference for the Builders. The Moundbuilders dominated the entire game outnumbering Sterling on the stats.

For the second half, the Lady Builders were able to put 39 more points on the scoreboard. This allowed the Lady Builders to finish with almost twice the points the Lady Warriors made.

Zefiryn Bryan, junior forward, led the Lady Builders with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Annjelina Robinson, senior guard, and Jessica Hobbs, sophomore guard, ended with 10 points each.

The Lady Builders had 38.9 percent from the floor, and put in the net 10 out 16 three-point shots. The women’s basketball finished 51-44 on rebounds.

With this victory, the Lady Builders continue in a perfect pitch in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference. The women’s team has three victories in their three conference plays. Their National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics record has them standing 6-4. They will try to continue this way as they host McPherson Lady Bulldogs on Dec. 8 at Stewart Field House. Tip off starts at 5 p.m.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.