Sports editor

USE

Annjelina Robinson, senior guard, passes the ball to a teammate. Robinson played her last regular conference game against the Ottawa Lady Braves. Robinson ended with four rebounds and 11 points. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

After having the largest lead of the game with 19 points, the Lady Builders ended winning by a five-point difference. The Lady Builder’s last regular conference game at Stewart Field House left a well memory for seniors Annjelina Robinson, guard, and Raven Carr, forward.

Without Jana Reichenberger, freshman forward, the Lady Builders were capable of scoring. Reichenberger did not see play time due to her foot injury.

Robinson and Carr saw their last regular game at home with 11 points and four rebounds, and two rebounds and five points respectively.

The night’s top scorer was Jordan Hobbs, sophomore guard, with 12. Kaillin Tennyson, junior guard, Zefiryn Bryan, junior forward, Jessica Hobbs, sophomore guard, and Robinson ended second in top scorers with 11.

Courtney Watson, junior forward, was the top rebounder of the night. Watson had nine rebounds.

The Lady Braves were on top of the score early in the game. This Lady Builders did not give up and were always close and pressuring.

The first half finished with the visitor team on top of the score by two points.

Second half started with a 6-0 run for the Lady Builders, which at the time turned the score.

From that point on, the Lady Builders kept pressuring and were always on top of the score. One minute left in the game, the Lady Braves were down by 15. They did 10 fouls in the last minute giving the double-bonus to the Lady Builders every time. The Lady Braves ended with a total of 25 fouls.

Ottawa’s strategy seemed to work since they shortened the difference to five points but was not enough to get out of Stewart Field House with the victory. The game final score was 85-80.

With the victory, the Lady Builders run five consecutive games winning.

The Lady Builders stand 13-3 in the conference and 18-7 overall. They will face Bethel on Feb. 14. The Lady Threshers are second-to-last in the conference with a 3-13 record.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.