While fighting high winds and a tough course at the same time, the Lady Builder golf team managed to come out of the Bluebonnet Classic in Grand Prairie, Texas in the 11th spot of 12 teams.

Southwestern stroked a total of 367-364—731 (+155) for the tournament. The Lady Builders finished just on top of Dodge City Community College.

Northwood University took the invitational with 618 total strokes.

Tim Jasper, assistant coach, said, “We had a couple good rounds played at a rough course with high winds.”

Hannah Mason, biology sophomore, finished, once again lead the Lady Builder golf team. Mason placed 19 with 78-84 strokes.

Mason said, “The first day was cold and windy, but I shot 78 and felt good. The second day we had a nicer weather and shot 84. I had to work hard for that score. I definitely struggled the second day because I was not mentally there.”

Jackie McCauley, business administration junior, followed Mason in the 42nd spot with numbers of 92-83—175.

Alyssa Richardson, communication sophomore, tied 51st place. Richardson had +36 strokes. She carded 92-88—180.

Following Richardson was Brenna Truhe, accounting freshman. Truhe hit 105 the first half and 109 for the second half. Truhe shot 70 strokes over.

MaryBeth Bryant, secondary education freshman, ended 75th. Bryant finished last place with 118-113—231. Bryant scored 87 over.

Bryant said, “The course was difficult for me and one of the hardest I have played. I just need to work harder.”

“We will now get back and practice for the Sterling tournament in two weeks,” said Jasper.

The Lady Builder will prepare for their last invitational before the NAIA National Championship. The women’s last regular invitational will be the Warrior Invitational in Hutchinson on April 8th.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.