Editor in Chief

After fighting off a late comeback by McPherson, the Lady Builder basketball team won their second straight, 89-80 over the Lady Bulldogs. The team took out their opponent on the road at the Sports Center in McPherson Thursday evening.

Southwestern won their first matchup of the season with McPherson Dec. 8 71-51 in Stewart Field House.

The Lady Builders took a commanding 40-30 lead at halftime in Thursday’s game. Jessica Hobbs, sophomore guard, led the team in scoring at the break with eight points. Hobbs finished with 10 points on the night.

Southwestern extended their lead in the second half. With 3:47 remaining, the Lady Builders had a 81-66 lead, but McPherson came storming back. Three consecutive three pointers aided in a 14-8 Lady Bulldog run as time expired.

Jana Reichenberger, freshman forward, led the Lady Builders in scoring with 16 points. Trinicia Schaffer, junior guard, made a strong comeback, scoring 13 points after missing the team’s previous game.

The win keeps Southwestern third in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference with a 10-3 conference record. Their next game is Feb. 2 against Bethany College in Stewart Field House.

Clinton Dick is a senior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu