The Lady Builder soccer team traveled to Shawnee, Okla. to face St. Gregory Cavaliers. After an overtime victory on Wednesday, the Lady Builders wanted to keep to momentum going. It was going to be hard as the Lady Cavaliers arrived in a 4-1 record.

At the end of the match, the Lady Builders could not keep with St. Gregory and fell 3-1.

St. Gregory started hard and obtained the first goal of the game. Katie Frank, freshman midfielder, scored the goal for the Lady Builders off a corner kick in the 34th minute. Kaci Hutchinson, junior forward, assisted Frank. Five minutes after the Lady Builders’ goal, the Lady Cavaliers responded by nailing their second of the match. This sent the Lady Builders 2-1 down to the locker rooms.

During the second half, the Lady Builders tried to score the second one to tie the game. Going up top, the Lady Builders forgot to defend and St. Gregory nailed the third one in the match in the 70th minute. After that, the team could not keep up and fell short by a two-goal difference.

Joy Reyes, sophomore forward, led the Lady Builders in shots with three out of the 11 attempted. St. Gregory had a total of 17 shots.

Courtney Jones, freshman goalkeeper, blocked the Lady Cavaliers’ attack six times.

With this loss, the Lady Builders drops 2-4 in the NAIA. The women’s team has not win a game on the road. They will try and change their luck when they travel to Bartlesville, Okla. on Sept. 25 to face Oklahoma Wesleyan.

Angel Vadillo is a junior majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.