By Bailey VenJohn

Southwestern softball continued their conference season Tuesday afternoon. The Builders suffered a sweep by Friends.

The Falcons got to work quickly in the first game earning a score of 9-0 by the end of the second.

The first players to cross the plate for the Builders came in the fifth inning. Devan Howard, senior outfield, and Kylea Wilson, junior outfield, touched home off a drive from Taylor Easum, junior third base.

The Builders were never able to make a full comeback but brought the final score to a 9-5 loss in the seventh.

Friends took a very similar approach to the second game as they did the first. By the end of the third inning they had an 8-0 lead.

Wilson reached home after a bunt single and three teammate’s hits to move her on around. Southwestern only managed one run in the fourth to make the score 8-1.

The Builders scored two more in the sixth. Wilson with a single, once again, started things off. Easum followed up with a homerun to score the last two runs of the outing. The Falcons filed this game in their win column, 8-3.

Next up for the Builders is Bethany at home at one and three in the afternoon. Southwestern advance their record to 8-15 overall and 4-6 in conference.

Bailey VenJohn is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.