As the Lady Builders traveled to Bethel Wednesday night, they were hoping to break out of an unlucky run. Their last win, which came during their last match against the Lady Threshers, happened back in September. Unfortunately it would end in a different story this time around.

Kindell Copeland, senior setter, was not able to play with her teammates due to an injury. The Lady Builders would fight hard against the Threshers, with not having their fellow teammate. Fighting hard all night, it would just not go in the Builders favor. They would fall 3-0 in the sets.

“I feel like we played well and did great adjusting to the changes,” said Taylor Kinnamon, senior middle. “I think we could have minimized our errors.”

The first set would end in a close victory for Bethel College 25-19. The second set the Lady Builders would again fail to capture a win, with the final score being 25-12. As a team the Lady Builders would fight till the end. The third set would end up in a close score 25-21, in favor of Bethel.

“We saw major improvements throughout the match and that’s really promising,” said Coach Donnie Wallace. “Our offense is tough to run and to have a brand new setter step in cold is tough. Seeing the constant improvement was good to see.”

With Wednesday loss, the Lady Builders dropped to 1-11 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference. There is still more conference matches to be played, giving the Lady Builders a chance to move up in the KCAC rankings.

“Even though we aren’t winning and our record isn’t great we are improving the program, as well as ourselves,” said Kaley Rodriguez, junior defensive specialist. “I know that this is the best volleyball I have played in my career.”

The Lady Builders will play Oct. 15 against Ottawa University at home. The game begins at 2 p.m.

“We have a few days to practice and get ready for Saturday,” said Rodriguez. “I really feel that if we come out on fire Ottawa will have a hard time staying up with us.”

Erica Dunigan is a senior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at erica.dunigan@sckans.edu