The Lady Builders packed their bags for yet another road trip, this time to take on the Eagles of Oklahoma Wesleyan. The Builders were looking to redeem themselves after losing by 29 points to Tabor Saturday.

Going into the game, the key players for the Lady Builders include the team’s leading scorer and rebounder Jana Reichenberger, senior forward, averaging 11.8 points per game (ppg) and 7.1 rebounds per game (rpg). The wild card of the team is Catherine Cranmer, senior guard, who averages 6.2 ppg and 5.5 rpg.

At the end of the first quarter against Oklahoma Wesleyan, the Lady Builders and the Eagles were tied 20-20. Both teams fought for the edge going into halftime but the Eagles stole it going into halftime 48-42. Although down, the Lady Builders were not about to hand the game over. After a hard fought 3rd quarter, the Builders started the 4th 76-75. Both teams continued the unbending battle with the Lady Builders falling 2 points short with the game ending 98-96 in the Eagles favor.

The Lady Builders are now 14-4 in their season and 6-3 in conference play. The next game on the schedule is Jan. 16 at McPherson starting at 5 pm.

Hanna House is a junior majoring in communication. You can email her at hanna.house@sckans.edu.