Pictured above: Alejandra Palacious, senior outfielder, finds herself in the middle of a pickle in Tuesdays game. Southwestern won the first game of the double header on a game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning. (Bailey VenJohn/Staff reporter)

Whytleigh Guerrero, sophomore infielder, scoops the ball towards first base for an out. The Builders split with York University Tuesday evening. (Bailey VenJohn/ Staff reporter)

The Lady Builder softball team split in their match up with York Tuesday evening. The first game was won 7-6 and the second lost 5-10.

Peyton Timmerman, sophomore infielder, was the first to cross the plate for the day scoring on a double from Remington Samuels, sophomore outfielder.

Southwestern added one more to the board before scoring four more in the third.

York gave the Builders a scare scoring five runs total between the fourth and fifth innings and bringing the score within one, 6-5. The sixth inning remained scoreless for both teams.

The Panthers forced the Builders to score a run in the bottom of the seventh after crossing the tying run in the top of the inning. Megan Walentynowicz, senior infielder, stepped up for Southwestern driving in the game-winning run.

The second game told a different story for the Lady Builders. The Panthers were quick to the board adding a runner in the top of the first. Southwestern responded adding two of their own in the bottom of the same inning.

Neither team managed a run in the second. York got their bats going in the third inning with a home run over center field. They followed with three more runners crossing home. Southwestern scored two in the third off a double from Paige Hall, freshman infielder.

After a scoreless fourth inning, York earned five more runs in the last three innings. The Lady Builders were only able to add one more run in the seventh inning bringing the game to a final score of 5-10.

Next on the schedule for Southwestern is a trip to Oklahoma City, Okla. to take on Mid-America Christian University at 2 and 4 p.m.

Bailey VenJohn is a senior majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.