The cherry on the top of the Lady Builder pie was put on senior night Feb. 22 against McPherson. Southwestern defeated the Bulldogs 69-54 claiming a perfect 18-0 regular conference season.

With this victory, No. 8 ranked Lady Builders secure another game against the Bulldogs. This time, the game will be a KCAC playoff game between regular season winner and number eight placed in the conference McPherson.

The game will take place at Stewart Field House on Feb. 26 starting at 7 p.m.

The Lady Builders took the lead early in the game until McPherson started battling when the first half marked 10 minutes to go.

Southwestern did not want their to-be-perfect mark to perish and reacted. This effort from the Lady Builders sent them to the lockers with an eight point lead.

Southwestern came out to the second half decided to finish the regular conference play how they started it: with a victory.

The team held McPherson’s defense. McPherson only scored 25 points in the second half while they put in 32 points.

Finishing 18-0 means being one of only four KCAC women’s team to finish like this since 1994. Not only the Lady Builders tied that mark, but they also equalized Tabor’s record to go undefeated since the 2005-06 season.

Montana Rickey, junior forward, led the all scorers with 13 points. Kaitlin Tennyson, senior forward, followed with 10. Jana Reichenberger, sophomore forward, was the top rebounder of the night with seven boards. Tennyson also followed the top rebounder with six.

Trinicia Shaffer, senior guard, finished as usual, leading in assists. Shaffer ended with eight.

As a whole, Southwestern shot 42 percent from the paint and 31 from long-range. The team scored 12 of 16 attempted free-throws.

Angel Vadillo is a junior majoring in communication. You may contact him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.