By Dalton Carver

Tiffany Rieger, athletic training sophomore, defends a Sterling player. (Gabby Gamez/Collegian Photographer)

The Lady Builders bounced back from last Sunday’s loss against Tabor to defeat the Sterling Warriors 77-52. A tie at halftime forced Southwestern to explode from the locker room to score 48 points against Sterling in the second half to clinch the conference win.

The two teams scored back and forth during the first half, each going on their own scoring runs to keep the count fairly even. At halftime, the Lady Builders again took the lead at 12:58, and they would keep it for the remainder of the game.

Jordan Hobbs, senior guard, and Montana Rickey, senior forward, led both teams’ scorers with 17 each. Taylor Bluemer, junior forward, was the only other Lady Builder to reach a double-digit point total with 10.

This decision brings Southwestern’s record to 13-8 overall and 7-4 in the KCAC. Lady Builder basketball is back in action against the Ottawa Braves on Jan. 31 inside Wilson Field House in Ottawa.

Dalton Carver is a senior majoring in communication. You can email him at dalton.carver@sckans.edu or tweet him @dalty_james.