By Garrett Chapman
Staff Reporter

The Lady Builders will go head to head with Olivet Nazarene University, Ill.  in the
quarterfinals of the NAIA Division II Women’s National Tournament. The game will tip off at
8:30 a.m. Friday, March 14 inside the Tyson Event Center located in Sioux City, Iowa.

The Tigers have been to the National Tournament three times, including this year. The first was
in 1992 when the team was defeated 67-76 in the round of 32.

Lauren Stamatics is currently the
head coach of Olivet Nazarene Tigers. This is the second year in a row she has led the Tigers to
the dance. In 2013, the Tigers faced Concordia in the first round and ended up on the bottom side
of a 90-80 score line.

Coincidentally, the year after a nine-point loss to Concordia in the first round, the tigers faced the
same Concordia team in this year’s first round. The outcome was different with the No. 7 seeded
Tigers coming out on top over the No. 2 seeded Bulldogs 91-86.

Olivet Nazarene is 22-10 overall and 12-4 in the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference
coming into the tournament. On the season, the Tigers have made 547 buckets from beyond the
arch. The Tigers shot 39 percent from the field in the 2014 season. The team is great on the
offensive boards out-rebounding their opponents 723-642.

The Tigers have 12 players suited up for the tournament. With four seniors, one junior, three
sophomores, and four freshmen, every player averages 18 minutes a game because of the
frequent subbing. Miranda Geever, senior guard, leads the Tigers averaging 19.3 points per
game.

The Lady Builders will play in the quarterfinals at 8:30 a.m. Friday Mar. 14 against Olivet
Nazarene in Sioux City, IA.

*This information was gathered from the 2014 NAIA National Championship Press Book.

Garrett Chapman is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at
Garrett.Chapman@sckans.edu