By Kaitlynn Munoz

Zefiryn Bryan, junior forward, scores a layup during Saturday’s night game. Bryan ended with two points and three rebounds. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

Lady Builders won their third straight game Saturday night against Bethany College Swedes, 74-48 at Stewart Field House for the annual Play for Kay Pink night.

Jessica Hobbs, sophomore guard, led the Lady Builders with 21 points, scoring 3 three pointers in a row getting the Lady Builders ahead of the Lady Swedes. Jana Reichenberger, freshman forward, followed Hobbs with 13 points and lead the team in rebounds.

In the first three minutes, the Lady Builders kept the lady Swedes from scoring. Hobbs outscored both teams with 14 points going four for four at the three point line.

Hobbs doesn’t take the full credit for her three point shots, “My teammates did a good job drawing my girl into them so I can have the open shot.”  The Lady Builders bench scored 22 points.

Head coach Dave Denly was very happy with his bench offense and defense. He said, “The bench was awesome tonight and that’s a big key in the game.” In the last minute and fifty seconds, the Lady Builders gained the biggest lead of the half with 13 points. By half time the Lady Builders were ahead 35-22.

When the second half started, the Lady Builders did not give any sort of rest going 6-2 against the Lady Swedes.

Two free shots from Annjelina Robinson senior guard who gave Southwestern their biggest lead by 20.

With 6:55 left in the game the Lady Builders were up by 63-42.

With less than two minutes later, Raven Carr junior forward drove into the lane and made an untouchable pass to Kayla Lovell freshman forward who made the easy shot.

Lovell then made the largest lead of the night 74-46. Every single player on the bench got to play Saturday night with 11 out of 15 players each scored against the Lady Swedes.

The lady Builders are now 16-7 in season, and is currently third place in KCAC with an 11-3 record. The Lady Builders’ next game will be against number one in conference Tabor College Thursday night at Stewart Field House.

Kaitlynn Munoz is a junior majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at kaitlynn.munoz@sckans.edu.