From the line to the arch, the fired up Lady Builders shot a solid game capturing 13 three-point shots. They ran away with their fourth consecutive road win against Bethany College. The final score was 88-52.

This win improves the 22nd ranked Builders to 7-1 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference and 13-5 overall.

The Lady Swedes stayed close, but not close enough as the Builders grasped a 7-0 lead quickly after tip-off. The Builders kept the lead going by knocking down seven three-point shots throughout the half and entered the locker room with a solid 18 point lead, 43-25.

“Early on in the game we did a good job getting up and down the court,” said Dave Denly, head women’s basketball coach. “As a team we had a nice run in the last six minutes and the run continued the rest of the game.”

Southwestern continued their shooting success into the second half. All together the Lady Builders captured 45 points, which 36 of those points came from capitalizing on turnovers. The Builders held the Swedes to 30.8 percent shooting from the field.

“Second half we came out of the gates extending the lead and getting the ball up there,” said Denly. “We did a much better job getting the offensive glass and capitalizing on the rebounds.”

Every player came off the bench and almost every Lady Builder scored points against the Swedes.

Brett Bates, senior guard, led all scorers with 22 points, hitting seven of 12 from the field and four of nine from the three-point range. Britteny Chamblerin, junior guard, followed closely behind Bates finishing with 15 points for the team.

“We’re coming together really well as a team,” said Courtney Watson, sophomore forward. “Everyone is focused and playing their role.”

The next game for the Lady Builders will be at 5 p.m. Jan. 18 at Stewart Field House.

Erica Dunigan is a senior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at erica.dunigan@sckans.edu