Garrett Chapman

Trinicia Shaffer, senior guard and Jana Reichenberger, sophomore forward try to keep a Lady Warrior from catching a rebound.

The women’s basketball team remains unbeaten in conference play. After beating Sterling 85-59, southwestern improves to 14-3 on the season and 6-0 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference.

Jessica Hobbs, sophomore guard, led Southwestern in points and steals. She put up 16 points, 12 of them were from behind the arch. Hobbs had three steals in the game.

As a whole, the lady’s shot 44 percent from the field and 81 percent from the foul line.

The builders went into half time with a comfortable lead, 48-25. They did not slow down in the second half where they continued to light up the scoreboard. The lady’s outscored Sterling by three points in the second half.

The lady builders like to share the ball. With 18 assists from the team, 14 different players scored a bucket. Out of the 14 that scored, Jessica Hobbs, Jana Reichenberger, sophomore forward, and Jordan Hobbs, junior guard, all scored double digits.

The next stop for the builders will be a conference game at 6 p.m. Jan. 18 in Hillsboro, Kan. against Tabor.

Garrett Chapman is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at Garrett.Chapman@sckans.edu.