car

Pictured above: Kenzi Taylor, senior guard, pushes past a Kansas Wesleyan opponent during Wednesday night’s game. Taylor scored the final shot that won the 51-50 game. (Tessa Castor/Contributor)

Kenzi Taylor, senior guard, scored the game winning basket with six seconds to spare in Wednesday’s conference match up against Kansas Wesleyan. Taylor’s basket helped the Lady Buuilders to a 51-50 win and improved their record to 11-12 overall and 7-8 in the KCAC.

Jordyn Miller, junior forward, posted yet another double-double as she led both teams with 16 points and an impressive 16 rebounds.

Despite being beat on the boards 41-39, the Lady Builders where able to knock down 19-46 field goals shooting 41.3 percent. Kayla Demel, senior guard, claimed three of her teams’ five, three point baskets. Demel sank 100 percent from the foul line making 4-4 free throws.

The Lady Builders shot 5-18, 27.8 percent, from beyond the arch. They went 8-15, 53.3 percent, from the foul line while holding Kansas Wesleyan to five free throws all game.

The Lady Builders will take on Oklahoma Wesleyan at 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 28 in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.

Garrett Chapman is a senior majoring in communication. You may email him at garrett.chapman@sckans.edu