Garrett Chapman

The Lady Builders will play in the first Elite 8 matchup of the 2014 NAIA Division II Women’s
National Basketball Tournament. The Ladies will take on the University of Saint Francis at 1
p.m. Sat. Mar. 15 inside the Tyson Events Center.

Saint Francis is a No. 1 seed in the National Tournament. Not only are they No. 1 in the
tournament, they are also ranked No. 1 overall. The Saint Francis Cougars were 33-0 coming
into the tournament. With two wins down in the round of 32 and the sweet 16, the Cougars now
stand at 35-0.

The Cougars are from Fort Wayne, Indiana and are a part of the Crossroads League Conference.
Saint Francis went undefeated in their conference with an 18-0 record.

Saint Francis has been to the big tournament 15 times previous to this year. They have never won
a National Championship, but have been runners-up once and grabbed third place twice.
Overall, the Cougars are 26-14 when it comes to the end of the season tournament.

The Cougars are led on the court by Skylarr Shurm, senior guard, who has the most buckets
made with 259. On the sidelines, Gary Andrews, head coach, manages the team. He has coached
the Cougars for 13 years and has a record of 2561-132.

Saint Francis has 195 more combined rebounds than their opponents in the 2013-14 season have.
Brooke Ridley, 5’11 sophomore forward, leads the Cougars with 64 blocks on the year. The
cougars defense has out-blocked their opponents 134 to 57.

The Cougars shoot 74 percent from the foul line, 34 percent from beyond the arch, and 49
percent from two point range. Saint Francis has scored 2793 points on the season. With 33 games
in the regular season, the cougars put up triple digits in six games.

Garrett chapman is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at garrett.chapman@sckans.edu.