After a close call Thursday evening, the Lady Builder basketball team looks to have better luck on Saturday night when they travel to Kansas Wesleyan University, a team they’ve already lost to twice this season, for the semifinals of the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference Tournament. A loss would end the women’s season, whereas a win would give them a chance to take the championship title in the finals next week.

Kansas Wesleyan boasts top 20 national rankings in everything from assists and scoring to steals and rebounds. Though Southwestern is ranked No. 20 in rebounds per game, KWU out-rebounded the women 42-32 the last time they played Jan. 27.

The women took the Coyotes to overtime the first time they played on Dec. 5 and ended up losing 90-84. The last game played in Stewart Field House the women were dominated in every category and ended up losing 92-66.

Since then the Lady Builders have been on a winning streak, taking the last eight games. The last game included a win against Ottawa University 56-53 in the first round of the KCAC tournament.

The Coyotes clinched their first round win of the KCAC Tournament against Tabor College on Thursday night 81-48.

Both teams will gear up to face each other Saturday night in Salina. Tip off will start at 7 p.m.

Erica Dunigan is a junior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at erica.dunigan@sckans.edu