By Austen Holloway

The Lady Builders volleyball team traveled to Salina last night to face off with the coyotes of Kansas Wesleyan. Out of three matches, the Builders didn’t obtain a win. Even with such losses, Kindell Copeland, senior setter, said, “The objective last night was to come out and get another win. We were not successful in obtaining a win, but we did find several things we need to work on to continue getting better.”

Head coach Donny Wallace added by saying, “I think our team will be very successful in conference play.”

One factor that made the Lady Builders fall short of their goal was the size of Kansas Wesleyan’s team. Coach Wallace said, “Their size got to their heads. We started each match slow, but eventually finished strong.”

He also said, “Their right side dominated and that’s what really did it for them.”

Hannah Dierkson, sophomore right setter, said, “We made a lot of mistakes we shouldn’t have. That is a team we could compete with. Our side didn’t do what it needed to.”

The Builders fell short, leaving a current record of 3-9 overall and 1-2 for their KCAC play. The Lady Builders next play Sterling College Sept. 23 at 7:00pm.

Austen Holloway is a sophomore majoring in communications you may e-mail him at austen.holloway@sckans.edu.