By Hanna House

The Lady Builder Basketball team traveled to the College of the Ozarks to compete against the NAIA Div. 1 No. 7 team, John Brown, and the NAIA Div. 2 No. 11 team, College of the Ozarks, in the First Community Bank of the Ozarks Classic.

The Builders started off against John Brown where they fought for a 68-62 victory. Senior Jordan Hobbs led the game with a total of 17 points while junior Jana Reichenberger put up 16 points herself. Reichenberger also led the team in rebounds with 12.

The Lady Builders celebrated the win but had to focus for their next game against the College of the Ozarks on Saturday.

Saturday’s game proved to be an even harder challenge than Friday night’s game but nothing the ladies couldn’t handle. At the end of the game the scoreboard showed 87-85 in Southwestern’s favor.

Senior Jessica Hobbs lead in points. The game was back and forth but came down to who would make the least amount of errors at the free throw line towards the end of the game and Southwestern proved themselves. Sophomore Tiffany Rieger shot four of the last free throws that gave them the winning edge at the end of the game.

Hanna House is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may email her at hanna.house@sckans.edu.