Kindell Copeland, senior setter, and Taylor Hallmark, sophomore defensive specialist, rush to save the ball. This was a point for Bethany.

Wanting to leave the bad results behind, the volleyball team confronted Bethany College Oct. 6 at the Stewart Field House. The team came out with a good attitude and started with good passes and points.

Even though they battled hard, this was not enough, and the team lost 3-0. Coach Donnie Wallace said, “I would describe it as a lack of emotion. We didn’t play with a lot of fire. We have to do that, it is our thing.”

The first set ended in a victory for Bethany College 25-24. The second set the Lady Builders again failed to win with a final score of 25-9. The last set ended in a 25-18 final victory for the Swedes.

“We tried to push it in the end, but we needed to do it since the very beginning,” said Cori Richardson, junior right side hitter.

With this result obtained, the Lady Builders dropped in their record to 3-17. Alissa Gould, sophomore right side hitter, said, “There is a lot we have to work on, for example, confidence.”

The volleyball team will play Oct. 10 against McPherson College at home. The game begins at 7 p.m.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.