Sports editor

Kaitlin Tennyson, junior guard, and Annjelina Robinson, senior guard, cover and block a Lady Eagle player. Tennyson and Robinson ended with seven and five points respectively.
(Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

Sixteen-ranked Lady Builders hosted the Lady Eagles from Oklahoma Wesleyan University. The Lady Builders wanted to continue in the correct path after having two consecutive victories.

Unfortunately for the Lady Builders, they could not continue in the three-streak-winning game falling 84-72.

Jana Reichenberger, freshman forward, ended the night with 22 points. Montana Rickey, sophomore forward, followed Reichenberger with 15 points. Trinicia Shaffer, junior guard, ended with four assists being the leader.

The Lady Builders shot 37.10% field goals, and 27% percent from the three-point-line, only scoring six from 22 attempted.

The first half finished 34-25 for the Lady Eagles.

Ten minutes into the second half, the Lady Builders got closer by a four-point difference. The distance was shortened by two points 50 seconds later when the clock signaled 9:10 to go.

Four minutes before the final whistle, the Lady Builders tied the game 62-62. Two minutes after that, the Lady Builders were finally up on the scoreboard 64-62. After that play, a break up came from the Lady Eagles resulting in a three-point basket turning the score 65-64 in their favor.

The second half ended tied in 65s which prolonged the game to overtime.

As soon as overtime began, the Lady Builders went up once again 70-69 with three minutes remaining. The Lady Eagles kept pushing and turned the score one more time 81-72. After this the Lady Eagles scored the last basket of the game ending it in a 12-point difference loss for the Lady Builders.

The women’s team finished the game with 22 turnovers.

With this loss the women’s team stands2-3 in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. The Lady Builders will continue their scheduled games Nov. 14 when they travel to Topeka to face Washburn University.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.