Rachel Baker, sophomore pitcher, throws a pitch in the second game of a double header against Friends University. In six innings of work Baker had eight strikeouts. (Kyle Kilgore/Collegian photographer)

By Kyle Killgore

Lady Builders got swept in a double header against Friends University, losing 15-1 in the first game, and 10-1 in the second.

Friends scored three runs in the top of the first inning to jump to an early lead. The Falcons scored again in the second inning.

The Builders answered with their only run of the game. Megan Walentynowicz, freshman outfielder, hit in Audrey Vorderlandwehr, sophomore infielder in the bottom of the second.

The Falcons scored in every inning but mounted their biggest total in the fifth inning where they scored eight, finishing the game 15-1.

The Builders ended the game with three hits and three errors.

The second game was a similar story.

The Falcons scored four in the first inning, after two RBI doubles. The Falcons were able to get a run on the board every inning thereafter.

The Builders showed some life in the fourth inning after an infield single from Sara Blackburn, junior outfielder. Vorderlandwehr hit Blackburn in from first on an RBI single.

Rachel Baker, sophomore pitcher, had a solid outing. She threw six innings, giving up 11 hits and had eight strikeouts on the day.

The Builders had four errors on the game which amounted to five unearned runs.

Southwestern is back in action Thursday, March 28, against Hillsdale Freewill Baptist.

Kyle Killgore is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at kyle.killgore@sckans.edu