Hanna House, sophomore H, goes to tap the ball back over the net after the Lady Falcons block a previous shot.

Hanna House, sophomore H, goes to tap the ball back over the net after the Lady Falcons block a previous shot. (Maggie Dunning/ Collegian photographer)

By Bailey VenJohn

Southwestern volleyball couldn’t quite grasp the win in the first match against Friends University. The Builders lost 27-25 to give the Falcons momentum for the rest of the evening.

Southwestern lost in three. The second match ended 25-20 and the third 25-15.

The Builders fought hard against the KCAC-leading Falcons through all three sets but we’re never able to end on top.

The middle hitters led the way for SC. Abby Warnke, sophomore middle hitter, had nine kills and a season best .553 attack percentage. Hanna House, sophomore middle hitter, added six kills.

Sarah Loesing, junior outside, rounded out the hitters adding five kills.

Jenna Goscha, freshman setter, led in assists completing 21 of the Builder’s total 26 assists.

Ashton Isch, junior outside, and Brianna Thorpe, senior and premiering her first start as libero, held down the defense with 11 digs each. Loesing and Goscha combined for 12 digs with 6 each and House rounded it out with 5 digs.

Volleyball wraps up the home game this season on Friday the 24 at 7 PM against Bethany. The Lady Builders will be celebrating senior night and also pink out so come support while showing off your pink attire.

Bailey VenJohn is a junior majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.