IMG_3829.is.2.use

Montana Rickey, senior forward, attempts to take a shot at their last home game against Ottawa on Dec. 11. (Maggie Dunning/Collegian photographer)

By Dalton Carver

The Lady Builders extend their winning streak to two after an away victory against the Bethany College Swedes, 72-55. Despite ending the first half six points behind, Southwestern made up for it by scoring 50 second half points to take control of the contest.

Jordan Hobbs, senior guard, led the scoring for the Lady Builders with 21 points. Jana Reichenberger, junior forward, also had a significant contribution to the Lady Builders point total with 14 from the paint. Tiffany Reiger, sophomore guard, wasn’t far behind her teammates with 12 points from the perimeter.

Starting slow with a weaker first half, the Lady Builders surged forward after halftime, which wrenched the lead from the Swedes. This is Southwestern’s first conference win on the road.

With this win, the women’s basketball team finds themselves at 6-5, with two wins in conference play. The Lady Builders take to the court again on Dec. 30 against the College of the Ozark Bobcats at 3 p.m. at Stewart Field House.

Dalton Carver is a senior majoring in communication. You can email him at dalton.carver@sckans.edu or tweet him @dalty_james.