Two back-to-back three-point shots from Jordan Hobbs, junior guard, in the first minutes of the game dictated the win, and therefore, first conference title for the Lady Builders 66-63.

Tabor never gave up as they came hard and pressured the Lady Builders throught the game. Their effort quickly paid as they went to the locker rooms up by five points but did not last because the Lady Builders came up stronger in the second half.

The second half was a back-and-forth paced one as both teams scored 30+ points. The Lady Builders remained 4 minutes without scoring and Tabor took advantage of this. The Lady Builders were down almost the entire second half until the last three minutes.

Southwestern turned the score and dictated the pace of the game from there on. The Lady Blue Jays had one last three point shot in the last two seconds that was blocked by Kaitlin Tennyson, senior guard.

This block not only denied the shot and the opportunity to tie the game, but it also kept the Lady Builders in their pursue to finish conference undefeated.

The buzzer went off and the crowd, as well as the players, went crazy. Head coach, Dave Denly, excitedly began waving at the fans and congratulating his players.

As a team, the Lady Builders shot 43 percent from the paint. The Lady Builders nailed half of their long range shots (8 of 16).

Jessica Hobbs, sophomore guard, led the all scorers with 17 points. Zefiryn Brayn, senior guard, was the top rebounder with 11 boards, and Trinicia Shaffer, senior guard, had five assists.

With this victory, the Lady Builders remain undefeated in a 16-0 record and with two games left. The team will hit the road and face Ottawa on Feb. 20.

Angel Vadillo is a junior majoring in communication. You may contact him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu

*Correction: The article mentions Jordan Hobbs, junior guard, scored two back-to-back three-point shots, it should read Jessica Hobbs, sophomore guard.