By Garrett Chapman

The team started the season with a 0-3 record on the road. The Builders hoped to break the losing streak when they traveled to Bartlesville, Okla. to face Oklahoma Wesleyan.

They were still in the game when they went into halftime trailing 1-0. Oklahoma Wesleyan came out harder the second half putting three goals in the back of the net. The Builders lost 4-0 and have yet to win a road game.

Deb Jenkins, assistant coach, said, “This was our best performance yet against a good side. The results don’t give any justice.”

The team played well, with more communication amongst the players, it would’ve changed the game.

“We still have a lot of work to do communicating as a unit. We’re getting better at it, but we still have a long way to go,” said Jenkins.

The players agree with Coach Jenkins. They still have a lot of improvement to do, but communication is one they can all agree on.

Kaci Hutchinson, Junior midfielder and forward, said, “There are many positive and learning experiences that can be taken away from this game. We need to communicate and work hard for one another in order to be successful.”

The Builders created opportunities throughout the game. They just couldn’t seem to find the goal.

“I think we were able to stay with our plan and we connected very well. We just simply couldn’t finish,” said Courtney Hornback, junior center midfielder.

The Lady Builders have their third straight road game on Oct. 1 at 6 p.m. in McPherson facing Central Christian.

Garrett Chapman is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at Garrett.Chapman@sckans.edu