Jordyn Cossman, junior guard, guards Brittany Gardner, sophomore guard, during the second half of Saturday's game against the University of Saint Mary. The Lady Builders won 65-34 to finish 21-6 overall and 14-4 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference. (Clinton Dick/Collegian photographer).

A struggling first half on senior night didn’t stop the Lady Builders from fighting their way to a win Thursday night against the University of Saint Mary. The final score was 65-34.

The win extends their winning streak to seven, and also helps Builders improve to 21-6 overall and 14-4 in Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference play.

The women struggled offensively in the first half, which would lead to one of the lowest scoring first halves they have had all season 19-10. They would not let that stop them from taking the win.

The Lady Builders came out of the locker room with a whole new confidence and their heads up. They shot 55.6 percent from the field in the second half helping them capture the win. The Builders finished up hitting 28.6 percent beyond the arc, and dominated at the line with 73.9 percent.

The Lady Spires would not come anywhere near the Builders with only hitting 25.5 percent from the field, and 14.8 percent beyond the arc. The Spires never really got any help either by turning the ball over 26 times, compared to the Lady Builders 14.

Tyler Hartfield, senior forward, and Brett Bates, junior guard, both led the Builders scoring with 11 points. Hartfield would also have nine rebounds on the night. Zefiryn Bryan, freshman forward, contributed seven points.

The Lady Builders finished the season third overall in the KCAC rankings.

Erica Dunigan is a junior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at erica.dunigan@sckans.edu.