The Lady Builders will have officially finished second in conference after they finish their game against Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes. The team will travel to Salina to end their last regular conference game at 5 p.m. on Feb. 21. The team arrives with a winning-streak of seven games in a row after defeating Bethel Feb. 19 78-75.

The Lady Threshers came to Stewart Field House to battle hard against the Lady Builders. It was an on-going back-and-forth battle between both teams as the score was never more than an eight-point difference.

Southwestern went to the locker rooms in a shy one-point advantage 36-35. The second half started out with the same intensity the first one finished with. Both teams kept battling until the Lady Builders demonstrated teamwork and a great shooting percentage.

Tiffany Rieger, sophomore guard, shot a 3-point basket that gave the Lady Builders the advantage during the last seconds of the game. Bethel tried coming back, but it resulted useless as the Lady Builders’ defense had a great night.

The game had a special flavor as it was the last regular conference game for seniors Montana Rickey, forward, Jordan Hobbs, guard, and Jessica Hobbs, guard.

Southwestern shot 51 percent field goals and 47 percent from long-range. Jana Reichenberger, junior forward, led the all-scorers with 13 points. Rickey and Taylor Bleumer, junior forward, rebounded six times each.

Angel Vadillo is a senior majoring in communication. You may email him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.