The Lady Builders continue their journey to secure a back-to-back conference title after defeating McPherson Lady Bulldogs 76-68.

Right from the start, the Lady Builders began their game plan. McPherson did not felt threatened and was keeping up with the Lady Builders. The Lady Bulldogs responded quickly to the pressure and points from the Lady Builders and found themselves on top of the scoreboard by four during halftime.

Trailing 37-33, the Lady Builders made adjustments coming into the second half. Head women’s coach Dave Denly managed to pull his strategy as the bench put 32 points in the scoreboard. As the buzzer came closer, the Lady Builders continued slowing the pace of the game.

Tiffany Rieger, sophomore guard, led the all scorers with 17 points. Jana Reichenberger, junior forward, and Montana Rickey, senior forward, grabbed eight rebounds each. Jordan Hobbs, senior guard, ended with four assists.

Southwestern shot 40 percent from the paint and 27 percent from long range.

With the victory in their hands, the Lady Builders place second in the conference (12-4) with two games left. Tabor leads the standing 13-3. The Lady Builders will continue their path on Feb. 19 at 6 p.m. when they host Bethel on senior night.

Angel Vadillo is a senior majoring in communication. You may email him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.