Sports editor

The Lady Builders finalized their regular conference play at Saint Mary. The Lady Builders crushed the Lady Spires 86-54.

This is the eight game this season the Lady Builders score more than 80 points. The team has four games in a row scoring 80 points or more.

First half ended with a comfortable lead for the Lady Builders by 43-29.

The Lady Spires did not keep up with the Lady Builders as they were down in almost all numbers. The Lady Builders had 15 steals and 11 turnovers against 27. The Lady Spires blocked three more times than the Lady Builders, and it was the only number they were up in.

Jessica Hobbs, sophomore guard, led the all scorers with 17 points. Zefiryn Bryan, junior forward, was the top rebounder catching eight.

The Lady Builders now run on a seven-game win streak. They ended the regular conference being third place with a 15-3 record in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference and 20-7 overall.

The women’s team will host No. 6 seed McPherson Lady Bulldogs on Feb. 21. The two times the teams have played this season, Dec. 8 and Jan. 31, the Lady Builders won.  McPherson last win was on Feb. 2 against Saint Mary.

The winner of this game will face the winner between No. 7 Ottawa and No. 2 Tabor.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.