By Kacey Stout

Allison Ornbaum, biology junior, sets the ball for her team mates while two Warriors tensely wait for the play. (Maggie Dunning/Collegian photographer)

Alison Ornbaun, biology junior, sets the ball for her team mates while two Warriors tensely wait for the play. (Maggie Dunning/Collegian photographer)

Southwestern volleyball lost at home to the Warriors of Sterling who are 5-4 in the KCAC in three straight sets (12-25, 20-25, 22-25). After the first match the Lady Builders started getting the ball down and scored points. Junior Sarah Loesing had 10 kills and 3 aces in the effort to break the losing streak. Junior Ashton Isch had 8 kills and 2 digs. Junior Alison Ornbaun had 12 assists setting a team best and also had 7 digs defensively. The Lady Builders were in the game but could not seal the deal.

“We prepare each team differently and practice great, but we just need to stay focused to finish out the game,” said Carolina Garbato, head volleyball coach.

The Lady Builders hit a .071% but had 44 digs which allowed them to stay close with Sterling.

“We need to stay positive and not get down on ourselves after a few missed points,” said Ashton Isch, junior athletic training major.

“If we all play our game like I know we can, we will come out victorious,” said Alison Ornbaun, junior biology major. The Lady Builders are now 1-9 in the KCAC and 4-14 overall.

The next match will be at 7 p.m Oct. 10 in Hillsboro against the Tabor Blue Jays.

Kacey Stout is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at kacey.stout@sckans.edu