By Garrett Chapman

Trinicia Shaffer, senior guard, looks for an open Lady Builder to pass to. The team beat Bethany 80-57.

Trinicia Shaffer, senior guard, looks for an open Lady Builder to pass to. The team beat Bethany 80-57. (Dalton Carver/ Collegian Photographer)

The Lady Builders are ranked No. 11 in the NAIA division II and No. 1 in the KCAC. The Ladies are now 21-3. They continue their undefeated conference play, now 13-0, after thrashing Bethany College 80-57.

The Builders started with a 16-5 lead and never looked back.

“We came out with a lot of energy. Our main focus was getting stops and finishing with a rebound. We were able to do this the whole night to help us build a strong lead,” said Catherine Cranmer, sophomore guard.

With 47 rebounds, the builders were able to create second chance scoring opportunities and keep the Swedes from having possessions.

The ladies offense was able to keep the ball moving. They managed to spread the ball around to everyone. This created 14 assists.

Trinicia Shaffer, senior guard, led the team with five assists, said, “It’s easy to make passing and get assists when my teammates are open and yelling for the ball.”

The Lady Builders’ defense created 16 turnovers throughout the game. This gave the Swedes less offensive opportunities and kept them off the scoreboard.

“We always play hard defense. We know the more we can create turnovers, the less chance our opponent has to score,” said Sheri Zoglmann, senior guard, who led team with two steals.

The ladies will try to stay undefeated when they take on the Bethel Threshers at 5 p.m. Feb. 8 in North Newton, Kan.

Garret Chapman is a freshman majoring in communication, you may email him at garrett.chapman@sckans.edu