The Lady Builders can see the conference championship closer than ever after defeating Sterling 74-61 Thursday night. Despite No. 9 Lady Builders having difficulties with Sterling throughout the first half, they managed to prevail and come from behind. With this victory, the Lady Builders expand their perfect record to 15-0 in the conference.

At half time, the Lady Builders were struggling with a one-point lead over the Lady Warriors. Sterling did not give up and got out stronger for the second half.

Throughout the second half, the score was close. It was never bigger than five points until the last three minutes. The Lady Builders, led by senior forward, Zefiryn Bryan with 16 points, dominated Sterling during the closing phase of the game.

Bryan also contributed with seven rebounds, being the one with the most boards for the night.

Sterling did not keep up with a tough run by the Lady Builders and ended up in a 13-point deficit that was going to define the game.

As a whole, No. 9 ranked Southwestern shot 40 percent from the paint and 30 percent from long range netting only six out of 20 shots. The Lady Builders had 39 rebounds, 14 on offense and 25 on defense. The Lady Builders’ free throw accuracy was 71 percent.

Now, the Lady Builders have only three games left. If the Lady Builders win their next home game against Tabor, they are practically taking the conference as Friends and Tabor, positioned second and third respectively, will face each other on the last day.

The team prepares to host their second-to-last home game against Tabor. The Lady Blue Jays are tied for second place in the conference with a 12-3 record. Tip-off is scheduled to be at 5 p.m. inside Stewart Field House.

Angel Vadillo is a junior majoring in communication. You may contact him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.