Managing editor

Sheri Zoglmann, junior guard, dribbles down the ball to Kansas Wesleyan’s side. Zoglmann created the play which gave two points in the scoreboard for the Builders. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian Photographer)

The Lady Builders made the most of a dismal first half of shooting by visiting Kansas Wesleyan to win their second straight conference game Saturday evening. Southwestern took out the Lady Coyotes 85-56 to move to 2-0 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference and 5-4 on the season.

Kansas Wesleyan took an early 4-0 lead, but struggled with poor shooting and turnovers throughout the first half. Eighteen first half turnovers and a meager 13.6 percent shooting led way for a 41-17 Lady Builder halftime lead. Stephanie Frost, senior forward, for Kansas Wesleyan is the only starting senior on the squad and played just 4:20 in the first half due to foul trouble.

Lady Builders did not relinquish their lead in the second half, outscoring the Lady Coyotes 44-39. Jana Reichenberger, freshman forward, put up 15 points for Southwestern and had seven rebounds. Alecia Smith, junior forward, led all scorers with 21 points.

Sterling is the next test for the Lady Builders. They travel to the Gleason Center at 6 p.m. Thursday.

Clinton Dick is a senior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.