Jordan Jarnagin, senior guard, takes a shot over an Ottawa defender Feb. 11. Jarnagin scored six points and dished out two assists during the women’s 57-50 win over the Lady Braves. Jarnagin will join Amy Laible, senior forward, in being honored tomorrow evening during senior night. The women will play Bethany College for their final home game. Then, they will turn around to combat Kansas Wesleyan University for the last regular season game.

Jordan Jarnagin, senior guard, takes a shot over an Ottawa defender Feb. 11. Jarnagin scored six points and dished out two assists during the women’s 57-50 win over the Lady Braves. Jarnagin will join Amy Laible, senior forward, in being honored tomorrow evening during senior night. The women will play Bethany College for their final home game. Then, they will turn around to combat Kansas Wesleyan University for the last regular season game. Photo by Paige Carswell

By Paige Carswell

With two regular season games left, the Builders hold a solid third place ranking in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference. Their last home game for the season will be Feb. 18 against Bethany College who is 5-10 in conference and stands sixth in the KCAC.

This is the final home game for Jordan Jarnagin, senior guard, and Amy Laible, senior forward.

The women will turn around to face Kansas Wesleyan University Saturday in Salina. The Lady Coyotes are in second place in the KCAC, and are one game ahead of the Builders. Tipoff is at 5 p.m.

Lady Builders plowed over Tabor College and Ottawa University this past week.

During the Tabor game Feb. 13 in Hillsboro, Jasmine Manuel, junior guard, revved the game by sinking the first six points of the game and eight consecutive points. In the first half, Blue Jays were brought to the free throw line three times sinking all six shots. 

Yet, Builders still led by 10 at the end of the first half.

Even with 12 total fouls including one technical foul on Ellen Blattner, sophomore forward the women still prevail with a 58-41 finish. The Lady Builders won against the Blue Jays earlier on in the season, 62-54.

During the Ottawa game last Thursday, the women’s basketball team had to use a 27-17 halftime lead to hold on for a 57-50 victory.

The women committed 15 turnovers in the second half, handed out only six assists and were outscored 33-30, but were able to maintain their lead the entire time.

The women were led by sophomore forwards Tylar Hartfield and Jasmine Jackson, who had 12 points each.  Hartfield had a double-double, pulling down 12 rebounds.

Ottawa was led by Misty Stone, senior forward, with 18 points and Emma Hartzler, junior guard, with 12 points.

Southwestern scored 39 of their points in the paint, nine off of second chances and 14 off of Braves’ turnovers.

Paige Carswell is a junior majoring in journalism. You may e-mail her at paige.carswell@sckans.edu.

Samantha Gillis is a junior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at samantha.gillis@sckans.edu.