By Jonahs Joudrey

A jam-packed Stewart Field House backed the Lady Builders with their eliminating win over the Threshers of Bethel, 83-72. The KCAC quarterfinal eliminates Bethel and propels Southwestern to the semifinals on Saturday.

The Moundbuilders scored efficiently, with five players in double digits. Jana Reichenberger, junior forward, chipped in a double-double with 11 points, 13 rebounds. Reichenberger put up some critical layups late in the half to seize control of the match.

Montana Rickey, senior forward, and Jordan Hobbs, senior guard, both added 16 points in the contest. Catherine Cranmer, junior guard, and Tiffany Rieger, sophomore guard, contributed 11 and 12 points, respectively.

The Lady Builders offense unfolded beautifully throughout the match. Efficient shooting from the floor was crucial in their win. The Builders shot 55 percent from the floor sinking 25-45 shots. The Builders also shot well from beyond the arc, dropping 11-22 on 50 percent shooting.

Fouls seemed to trouble both teams as the refs called the game tight. A combined 52 free throws were shot Thursday evening. Southwestern made out on top shooting 22-31 of free throw attempts.

The Lady Builders will continue their KCAC tournament run at 7 p.m. on Saturday in Stewart Field House. The second seeded Builders will host the Warriors of Sterling College.

Jonahs Joudrey is a junior majoring in communication. You can email him at jonahs.joudrey@sckans.edu.