From the tip-off all the way to the final buzzer, the Lady Builders never felt threatened by the Lady Swedes. Bethany arrived to historic Stewart Field House placing last in the KCAC with only one victory. The Lady Builders found no trouble on Feb. 5 as they easily passed Bethany 73-40.

Southwestern dominated and quickly went on a scoring streak led by Jordan Hobbs, senior guard with 15 points and five assists. By halftime, the Lady Builders had more than doubled the Swedes 38-17.

Coming to the second half with a broad advantage from the Lady Builders, Dave Denly, head women’s coach, decided to rest the starters.

With five minutes left in the game, the Lady Builders found themselves 35 points on top of the Swedes during the second half.

Off from the bench, the Lady Builders nailed 42 points against 31 from the starting lineup. As a whole, the Lady Builders shot 41 percent from the paint (26-62) and 37 percent from long range (10-27). Southwestern rebounded 53 times: 19 offensive rebounds and 34 defensive.

The Lady Builders sit third in the conference play tied with archrivals Friends holding a 9-4 record. They will have the opportunity to surpass them on Feb. 7 when they travel to Wichita to face the Falcons at 5 p.m.

Angel Vadillo is a senior majoring in communication. You may email him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu