Almost one month after their last tournament, the Lady Builder golf team traveled on April 7 and 8 to Hutchinson to play in the Sterling Invitational. The Lady Builders finished first of eight teams. With a combined of 684 strokes, the Lady Builders ended the tournament in first. The host team, Sterling, ended up in last place.

For the first day, the team shot a combined of 343 and had a 21 stroke lead.  The Lady Builders improved the second day and shot two strokes less (341).

Hannah Mason, biology junior, led the team with 169 total strokes. Mason had 83 strokes the first day and 86 the following day.

Following Mason was Jackie McCauley, business administration senior. McCauley shot 86 and 85 respectively to have a total of 171 strokes.

Jaly McCauley, accounting junior and Alyssa Richardson, communication junior, followed. The two tied with a total of 172 strokes.  McCauley had 86 stokes both days. Richardson started with 88 strokes and enhanced the second day with four strokes less.

The team will be back at the course hosting the annual South Central Kansas Spring Invitational on April 14 at the Winfield Country Club.

Angel Vadillo is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.